Saturday 18 May 2013

My "Daba on Abercromby" Review

As you know I am not a person to go out and buy lunch.... my preference is home cooked food anytime. However there is the odd time when I have to buy lunch; like today. I ended a battle over what to have for lunch when I walked into this little food joint called Daba on Abercrombry.



Daba on Abercrombry is a restaurant located on the corner of Queen and Abercrombry Streets in Port of Spain, and serves Indian, Hakka and Local cuisine.Although the menu is not extensive there is a variety of items to choose from. Whats amazing is their price; a large lunch is $30 while a small is $25. The special consists of two sides and a meat with the option of a fresh salad.

So I walk into this tiny restaurant and is firstly greeted by the soft sounds of classical Indian music, a couple of small round tables, a cashiers station and a food station which boasted a vegetable fried rice,plain rice, local stewed chicken, chicken tika, another chciken dish, an indian egg dish, an assortmnet of Indian style vegetables, fried fish, salad, vegeable samosas, .....think that was all.

My choice for lunch was the vegetable riced rice which was rice with dots of carrots and green peas and a hint of cardamon; assorted indian vegetables which was a combination of carrots, bodi and tomatoes in a thick, spicy, red indian sauce; chicken tika which is chicken in a flavourable red sauce (I don't think that is authentic chicken tika but it was quite tasty); and the last component of my lunch was a fresh salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers.

My lunch 




My lunch was simple, inexpensive and tasty. I would recommend that you give this place a try..... I will also give them a second try and chose another combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment